Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 242 - Windsurfer Beach
ON THE DOCKET
- June 23 – Ogden Twilight - Neon Indian
- June 24-26 – Weber Outdoor Program Wild Iris Rock Climbing Trip
- June 24 – Weber Outdoor Program Weber River Inflatable Kayaking 11-5pm
- June 25 - Meetup: Wolf Creek Canyon Trail Weed Whack, 8:30am
- June 25 – Slip & Soar, World’s Steepest Slip & Slide Party - Utah Olympic Park
- June 25 - Ogden Farmers Market - Saturdays through Sept. 17th
- June 26 – Snowbasin Blues, Brews & BBQ – Band of Heathens
- June 27-28 - SheShreds.co Wakeboard Clinics
- June 29th – Snowbasin Midweek Race Series
- June 30 – Ogden Twilight – Peter Bjorn & John
- July 1 – Symphony Under the Stars at Snowbasin
- July 8-9 – Wildflower Trailfest
- July 9 - Meetup: Hidden Valley Trail Maintenance, 8:00am 22nd Street Trailhead
- July 9-10 - Kings Peak Backpacking Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- July 15 – 23rd Annual Antelope by Moonlight Bike Ride
- July 15 - Music in the Mountains, Powder Mountain
- July 15-17 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- July 15 – Antelope Island by Moonlight – Bike Ride
- July 29-31 – Weber Outdoor Program Kings Peak Backpacking Trip
- July 30 – Morgan Valley Marathon
- July 30 – 4th Annual Antelope Island Spider Fest
- August 5-7 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- August 11 – Ogden Nature Center Summer Concert Series - Kristin Andreassen and Friends
- August 13 - H30 Race - SUP, Swim, Kayak at Bear Lake
- August 20 – Skyline Mountain Marathon and 1/2
- August 27 – Salomon Mid Mountain Marathon, Park City
- August 27-28 – SLC Climbing Festival
- Sept. 9-10 Ragnar Trail Tetons, WY – Grand Targhee Ski Resort
- Sept 9-11 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- Sept 9-11 – REI Outessa Summit: Powder Mountain
IN THE NEWS
- Don’t Kill Rattlesnakes
- Boys Escape Wilderness Rehab Camp, Leave Friend Behind
- Famous Grand Teton Bear Cub Killed in Hit and Run
- Jackson Hole Most Unequal Economic Area In America
- Woman Fights Mountain Lion, Saves Son
- Glacier National Park Could Lose All Glaciers By 2030
- America’s 32 Best Trails
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 242st Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Sticher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.