Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 241 - Summer Solstice
ON THE DOCKET
- June 16 – Ogden Twilight – Wild Belle
- June 16 - Rebecca Rusch at North Fork Table and Tavern - Dinner & Discussion/Presentation 6-9pm
- June 17-18 Ragnar Wasatch Back - Logan to Midway
- June 17 - ASDT Ladies Climb Night at The Front Climbing Club, 7-10pm
- June 17 - Songwriter Series at Kafe Merc with Morgan Thomas
- June 17 - Ogden Twilight Overtime with On An On, Alleged Rooftop
- June 18 – Nordic Valley Opens for Summer – Mtb, Hiking, Disc Golf 400ft. Slip & Slide
- June 18 - Water Ceremony and Solstice Celebration - Grant Ave, Ogden River 11am
- June 18 – GOAL Fitness Breakfast in the Park presented by Snowbasin
- June 18 – 2nd Annual Wee Beer Festival at Golden Spike Event Center
- June 18 - Mural Reveal Celebration
- June 19 – Summer Solstice Yoga Hike & 108 Sun Salutations – Live Natural
- June 19 – Snowbasin Father’s Day BBQ Buffet
- June 19 – Snowbasin Blues, Brews, & BBQ – MarchFourth!
- June 20-22 – GOAL Foundation Intermediate Mountain Bike Camp 5th Grade – 9th Grade
- June 20-22 - GOAL Foundation Beginner Rock Climbing at The Front Climbing Club Ages 7-10
- June 22 – Snowbasin Midweek Race Series
- June 23 – Ogden Twilight - Neon Indian
- June 24-26 – Weber Outdoor Program Wild Iris Rock Climbing Trip
- June 24 – Weber Outdoor Program Weber River Inflatable Kayaking 11-5pm
- June 25 – Slip & Soar, World’s Steepest Slip & Slide Party - Utah Olympic Park
- June 25 - Ogden Farmers Market - Saturdays through Sept. 17th
- June 26 – Snowbasin Blues, Brews & BBQ – Band of Heathens
- June 29th – Snowbasin Midweek Race Series
- June 30 – Ogden Twilight – Peter Bjorn & John
- July 1 – Symphony Under the Stars at Snowbasin
- July 8-9 – Wildflower Trailfest
- July 9-10 - Kings Peak Backpacking Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- July 15 – 23rd Annual Antelope by Moonlight Bike Ride
- July 15 - Music in the Mountains, Powder Mountain
- July 15-17 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- July 15 – Antelope Island by Moonlight – Bike Ride
- July 29-31 – Weber Outdoor Program Kings Peak Backpacking Trip
- July 30 – Morgan Valley Marathon
- July 30 – 4th Annual Antelope Island Spider Fest
- August 5-7 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- August 11 – Ogden Nature Center Summer Concert Series - Kristin Andreassen and Friends
- August 20 – Skyline Mountain Marathon and 1/2
- August 27 – Salomon Mid Mountain Marathon, Park City
- August 27-28 – SLC Climbing Festival
- Sept. 9-10 Ragnar Trail Tetons, WY – Grand Targhee Ski Resort
- Sept 9-11 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- Sept 9-11 – REI Outessa Summit: Powder Mountain
IN THE NEWS
- Powder Mountain Hidden Lake Bike Shop and Rentals
- Woman Sentenced For Vandalism in several National ParkSites
- Powdr Buys Eldora
- Orem Man Finishes his 400th Marathon
- Lawmakers Remind Drone Owners About Wildfire Flying Restriction
- Legally Blind Man Runs 3,000 Miles Across the U.S.
- Ragnar Dos and Don’ts
- British Man Foregoes Everest Summit to Save Another’s Life
- 4 Recent SUP Deaths - SUP Safety Rules
- Paralyzed Hiker Nears Appalachian Trail Halfway Point
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“To be somebody you must last.” – Ruth Gordon
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 241st Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
New parking at Causey, Maggie Odette climbs 5.14b at age 49, Cocaine is washing up on shore. Local events update, Outdoor Jukebox, Quote of the Week, and more!
CDT thru-hiker Bryden Bowley on gear, loneliness, food, daily mileage, and more!
Your weekly dose of all things Ogden Outdoor Adventure featuring guest alpinst/climber, Derek DeBruin.
Your weekly dose of all things Ogden Outdoor Adventure.
With special guest, Brandi Bosworth of the Ogden Nature Center chatting Birds & Brews!
The latest in adventure news and events from Ogden, Utah!
OOA Show 332 with thru-hiker Bryden Bowley before he sets out on the CDT Trail. Also, adventure news, events, Worth Watching, Weekly Happy, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox!
Ep. 331 - Twilight. Adventure news, events, gear, and a Yellowstone trip report.
OOA Show 330 - It Can’t Rain All The Time with guest Joe Farley of Transcend Gear and the best crag pack made, the Crag Crusher.
Interview with Ogden premium glove maker company owner, Leathers. Adventure News, Events, and more!
Professional rock climber Sonnie Trotter interview, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Reading, GEAR:30 segment, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and a whole lotta Earth Day chat. Enjoy!
This year we decided to sip beers at The Angry Goat and chat with one of the owners and manager Beau Bradbury along with Molly from the Lighthouse Lounge and Sydnie Furton from Visit Ogden to chat all things Ogden Restaurant Week!
Includes an interview with Caren Warner of Outdoor Weber. Plus adventure news, #onthedocket, something worth watching, gear, My Lands, Outdoor Jukebox and more! Enjoy
Events, latest Ndventure News, Weekly Happy, two Worth Watching’s, and more on the latest OOA Show Ep. 326 - Kungsleden
We announce the return of the Bug Hucker’s podcast with new Host, Cole Larsen.
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Featuring an interview with Paul Burnett of Trout Unlimited, and a review of the Tacky Hydrophobic Fly Box.
Oh how we've missed some Bug Hucker's! Welp, no more. Bug Hucker's is back with 2 new hosts, Cole Larsen and James Young for your Huckin' pleasure.