Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 248 - Bear House & Bellyflops
ON THE DOCKET
- August 19 - Weber Pathways Trail Mixer - Earls Lodge, Snowbasin
- August 20 – Skyline Mountain Marathon and 1/2
- August 23 - SCOTT Twilight Ride Series at Deer Valley
- August 25 - Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 250 Party at the Ogden Nature Center
- August 26 - Ogden Pub Runners Presents Beer Runners’ Beer Fest
- August 27 – Salomon Mid Mountain Marathon, Park City
- August 27 - 3rd Annual Snowbird Oktoberfest Beard & Mustache Competition
- August 27-28 – SLC Climbing Festival
- Sept. 9-10 Ragnar Trail Tetons, WY – Grand Targhee Ski Resort
- Sept 9-11 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- Sept 9-11 – REI Outessa Summit: Powder Mountain
- Sept 13 - Uli Steck Tour - Capital Theater
- Sept 15 - 23rd Annual Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Party at Black Diamond 6-10pm
- Sept 24 - Mountain 2 Metro 8 Mile Urban Trail Run
- Sept 24 - Harvest Moon Celebration
- Sept 24 - Red Bull 400 Park City - 400m Race up K120 Ski Jump at Utah Olympic Park
- Oct 27-29 - Snowbasin Ski Sale & Swap
- Nov 5 - SLC Shred Fest: Ski & Snowboard Festival
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 248th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.